COVID-19 Precautionary Closures & Cancellations
Updates regarding Twinsburg Community Center, Fitness Center, and Senior Center.
TWINSBURG (MARCH 13, 2020) – The City of Twinsburg is continually monitoring the Governor’s orders and all information provided by the Centers for Disease Control regarding the Coronavirus. The health and wellness of all residents is the top priority of the city’s administration during these unprecedented times. Based on the latest recommendations, the following closures and cancellations have been issued.
The Twinsburg Community Center and Fitness Center are currently open, but will be closed beginning Monday, March 16th until the completion of the mandated three week school closure issued by the Governor through Friday, April 3rd. The Twinsburg Senior Center has already been closed effective March 12th at 2:00 PM through Friday, April 3rd. The city continues to monitor the situation daily and will update the closures accordingly.
The Twinsburg Community Center, Fitness Center, and Senior Center will still be active as call centers for related activities and registration available Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 4:30 PM.
Please review the following procedures put in place by city administration for impacted programs, activities, and membership.
TWINSBURG COMMUNITY CENTER:
- All room rentals from March 16th through April 3rd will be cancelled. Patrons can choose if they prefer a credit on account or refund.
TWINSBURG FITNESS CENTER:
- Automatic recurring billing will be suspended immediately. Members won’t be charged until the facility reopens.
- All others will have their memberships extended for the number of days closed. No refunds will be issued for membership.
- 24/7 Access will be deactivated beginning Sunday, March 15th at 4:00 PM.
- Annual memberships, ARB, and Bundles can still be purchased by phone and will be activated when the facility reopens.
- All rentals will be cancelled. Patrons can choose if they prefer a credit on account or refund.
TWINSBURG SENIOR CENTER:
- All paid registration for programs will be credited to accounts unless notified by phone.
- Van transportation services are still available. Call for your appointments.
PARKS & RECREATION PROGRAMMING:
- The final week of Winter Swim Lessons beginning March 16th is cancelled. Patrons can choose if they prefer a prorated credit on account or refund for the final week.
- Spring swim lessons will operate under a new schedule once the facility reopens.
- Lifeguard training is postponed. A new schedule will be announced upon reopening.
- Youth Athletic Fitness is cancelled. Patrons can choose if they prefer a prorated credit on account or refund for the remaining weeks.
- Spring Break Camp with Rookie Sports Club is cancelled. Refunds will be issued through Rookie Sports Club.
- The Adult Egg Hunt is postponed. A new date will be announced. Hang on to your ticket.
VOTING: There are no changes to the voting location on Tuesday, March 17th. Those who vote at the Twinsburg Community Center will be able to access the facility.
FUTURE NOTIFICATIONS: For the latest information about these facilities and programs, please utilize TwinsburgRecreation.com. On social media, follow Twinsburg Parks & Recreation on Facebook or @TwinsburgRec on Twitter.
Over the next few days and upon reopening of these city facilities, administration asks patrons to consider the following recommendations.
- Follow all CDC recommendations. Particularly at-risk populations. (CDC.gov)
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect all surfaces or equipment that you are touching.
- Utilize extra hand sanitizer stations provided by the facility. If you pass one, use it.
- Wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Practice proper social distancing procedures.
For the latest updates regarding the mentioned facilities, visit TwinsburgRecreation.com.